Chris Dennant is a founding partner of Ashwell Rogers and specialises in rent reviews, lease renewals, and property management. He qualified as an Associate of the RICS in 1975 and became a Fellow in 1989.
Chris started his career working for a small practice in East London but has been working in the West End of London since 1978, originally with Michael Laurie and subsequently Morgan Grenfell Laurie. He was a Director of both practices and gained experience in the valuation of large property portfolios before setting up and heading the Landlord and Tenant Department in the early 1980’s. Since that time Chris has specialised in rent review, lease renewal and lease re-structuring work in relation to most types of commercial property but with a particular emphasis on retail and office property. He also manages a small number of commercial buildings on behalf of selected clients.
Chris was approached in 2006 by the RICS and asked to consider training as an Arbitrator. Subsequently in 2007 he was appointed to the RICS panel and now regularly receives appointments through the RICS Dispute Resolution Service.
Examples of Significant Career Highlights and Achievements:
- Work on large industrial portfolio valuation, largely in the north-west, covering circa 4M sq ft.
- First UK rent review for Toys R Us Limited in 1988. Subsequent retainer to act for them on the majority of their portfolio.
- Retained by Reject Shop to advise on all rent reviews and property matters until purchase of the company by another retailer.
- Retained by owner of Cwmbran Town Centre to advise on all rent reviews and lease renewals. This involved the negotiation of new leases on a full service charge basis, where the previous leases had been inclusive of service charge.
- Advice on first rent review of the BT Headquarters building in the City, at the time one of the largest rents in London.
- Retainer to advise on rent reviews for Sportsdirect.com Retail, the UK’s largest sports retailer.
- Rent review advice culminating in an oral hearing for the owner of the then largest building in Croydon.
- Appointment to RICS Arbitration Panel.
Department: Professional / Asset Management
Address: 33 Cork Street, W1S 3NQ
Tel: 020 7758 3280
Mobile: 07947 736 295